The Willmore Wilderness Foundation develops and co-ordinates community-based health and wellness programs. Programs assists individuals, families, and groups to achieve optimal physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health and well-being.
The Willmore Wilderness Foundation facilitates programs that build self-esteem and promote health and wellness initiatives. The organization produces transmedia platforms, which include books, documentary films, interactive websites and social media campaigns that are designed to precipitate conversation, guide teaching, and begin the healing process.
The Willmore Wilderness Foundation specializes in working with the people of Alberta’s eastern slopes. The mountain communities in Alberta have a unique social structure tradition, culture, and lifestyle. The non-profit society uses the power of storytelling. Stories focus on historical research as it relates to the eastern slope families. Understanding our past … determines our ability to shape our present and influence our future.
The Willmore Wilderness Foundation has a professional staff, one of which has extensive training with the late Virginia Satir. Satir’s approach to family therapy uses metaphors, storytelling, and family reconstruction. The Foundation’s programs take this one step farther by using transmedia in the reconstruction process to reach a larger audience. This cutting-edge approach is used to inform, nurture, inspire and nurture, inspire and heal communities, families and individuals.
- Goals include assisting individuals, families and groups who live in Alberta’s eastern slopes communities, to achieve their optimal physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health and well-being.
- To teach, counsel and advocate to enhance health and well-being.
- To demonstrate professional responsibility, ensuring that conduct and standards meet the expectations of the profession and the legislative requirements.
- To provide a knowledge-based services and to continually strive to acquire knowledge and skills.
- To create multimedia projects in the form of books, films, and websites that build self-esteem in individuals and promote healthy families and communities.
- Objectives of the Willmore Wilderness Foundation facilitates supportive programs that build self-esteem and promote health and wellness. The “presenting issue” or “surface problem” itself is seldom the real problem; rather, how people cope with the issue creates the problem.” This Foundation is geared to offer insights into the problems that cause low self-esteem.
- Programs focus on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. They help individuals, families and communities become “more fully human.”
- Programs have a strong outdoor recreational component that promotes health and wellness. Programs are set in a Rocky Mountain setting, and training or programming may take place in the wilderness camp settings.
- To provide confidential services.
- To keep appropriate documentation.
- To create multimedia projects in the form of books, film, and websites that build self-esteem in individuals and promote healthy families and communities.